SERVPRO of Sunrise wants you to be safe from fire and smoke damage
SERVPRO of Sunrise wants you to be safe from fire and smoke damage. Although fires from candles happen more often around the holidays, many people use candles all year round. It is important to be careful any time you have an open flame in your home or office.
Fire Prevention is the best way to fight against fire damage or injuries.
SERVPRO of Sunrise offers these Tips for Fire Prevention from Candles:
- Keep candles at least 12 inches away from anything that can catch fire
- Do not let children near candles
- Put out candles when leaving the room or going to bed
- Keep trees and other plants away from candles
- Make sure candles are not near window curtains or blinds that could catch fire
- Keep lit candles in safe candle holders
- If the flame has to burn until the candles are out, keep the candles in holders that keep the flames behind glass
- If the flame has to burn until the candles are out, keep the candle holders in a sink or a metal container of water
- Do not leave children alone in a room with lit candles
- Do not light candles in the bedroom. You might fall asleep. One third of all candle fires start in the bedroom
- If the power goes out, use flashlights instead of candles
- If someone in the home or office uses oxygen, do not use candles
- Fire damage from candles happens 35 times a day in the U.S.
A little caution goes a long way to protect you and your loved ones. If you have to deal with damage caused by smoke or fire from a candle, your friends at SERVPRO of Sunrise are just a phone call away at (954) 748-7887.
We proudly serve all Broward County and surroundings.