We are Cleaning Experts
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today – SERVPRO of Sunrise, 954-748-7887
SERVPRO is Here to Help during this time of need
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today – SERVPRO of Sunrise, 954-748-7887
Weathering Mother Nature's Worst
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today (954) 748-7887
HURRICANES ARE ONE OF NATURE'S fiercest and least predictable forces. Though it can be nearly impossible to forecast severe storms.
Due to the unpredictable nature of hurricanes, it is important to take steps now to protect yourself, your business and your family. Even areas far removed from the coastline may feel the impact of the side effects of a major hurricane, such as spin-off tornadoes, storm surges and flooding.
The following tips are designed for safety in hurricane conditions, though many of the precautions also apply to any severe storm situation.
1 Plan your escape route early.
Find out where the nearest official shelter is in your area. The Red Cross or local government can give you this information.
Keep a good map in your car in case you are forced to seek an alternate route on your way out of town.
2.- Take inventory of your personal property.
Make a detailed list of your possessions and back it up with photos or video footage. Keep one copy in your home and another in a separate location, in case the storm damages the original copy. For help with your business or home contents inventory, contact your local SERVPRO Franchise Professional.
3.- Take steps to protect your home.
Hurricane-force winds can turn landscape materials into missiles that can break windows and doors. Trim weak branches off of trees and replace gravel/rock landscaping with shredder bark.
Also consider buying the materials needed to brace garage doors and windows in advance since many of these items may be in high demand when a severe storm is forecasted.
For more preparedness tips, contract your local SERVPRO Franchise Professional.
Have Storm or Flood Damage?
Call Us Today (954) 748-7887
We can help minimize the spread of germs with proactive cleaning!
Across the nation and the world as a whole, coronavirus is the top headline as everyone tries to comprehend the situation.
Experts are saying the virus seems to be hardest on the elderly and health-compromised populations, while children and young people are not affected as seriously. However, it is important we all do our part to help stop the spread of this illness.
Because the situation is changing rapidly, it is important to continue referring to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for the most up-to-date information related to the response.
- SERVPRO professionals are trained in adhering to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
- SERVPRO is performing all cleanup and bioremediation in accordance with the guidelines provided by the CDC and local authorities.
- SERVPRO’s proprietary cleaning agent, SERVPROXIDE, is an EPA-certified, hospital-grade disinfectant that has demonstrated effectiveness against viruses similar to Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19) on hard, non-porous surfaces.
- There is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the Coronavirus.
- Proactive cleaning will not prevent or protect the building from future contamination if an infected person was to enter and occupy the building.
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration, we can minimize the spread of germs with a proactive cleaning for your home or business. Give us a call at 954-748-7887
Air Duct Cleaning
A look inside a duct vent. For Duct Cleaning give us a call at 954-748-7887
The first thing most people notice when they visit a new city is the quality of the air. This applies to your home and office as well. If the air is filled with dust and other floating micro contaminants such as mold, drywall dust, and/or rodent excrement; it is most likely due to the collection of these particles in the HVAC duct work. This largely occurs with new construction when debris settles into the open vents in areas that are unfinished, and in older homes that have not been regularly and properly cleaned. It’s a good idea to avoid inhaling these to avoid unnecessary respiratory and or other health problems. Regular air duct cleaning by a reputable company such as SERVPRO of Sunrise will significantly reduce the amount of these unwanted and unhealthy pollutants in the air.
The National Air Duct Cleaners Association recommends not trying to clean your HVAC system unless you are trained to do so. They encourage you to use a professional company to clean the air ducts in your home. Especially if there are smokers in the home, pets that shed, water damage, home renovations, or prior occupancy. Our technicians are highly qualified and available for both residential and commercial air duct cleaning.
FREE Inspections and Estimates!
For more information on HVAC and air duct cleaning, call us today
Remember to move your clocks one hour ahead on Saturday before going to bed.
Spring arrives on March 19 this year, In the Northern Hemisphere, Earth is oriented toward the sun, bringing longer days and warmer temperatures and the springing forth of everything that lay dormant in the winter months.
Daylight saving time begins at 2 a.m. on Sunday, March 8. That means you move your clocks one hour ahead.
SERVPRO of Sunrise Professionals have the expertise to provide a deeper clean than your basic house cleaning service. The residential cleaning services performed by SERVPRO of Sunrise professionals will not only ease the burden of the constant maintenance of your home, but will also create a safe, clean and comfortable living environment for you and your family.
Air Duct Cleaning
We all have tasks around the house that don’t make it to the top of our priority list. Properly maintaining your home’s air ducts should not be one of them. Regular duct cleaning can increase your home’s heating and cooling efficiency and improve the quality of the air you and your family breathe.
Need Cleaning Services?
Call Us Today – (954) 748-7887
Smoke Damage? Act Fast!
Two SERVPRO of Sunrise Techs cleaning soot after a fire.
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Quick action is the only way to minimize the destruction! Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Sunrise will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care. Restoration costs can increase and damages escalate when the cleaning process is extended.
Have Questions? Call Us Today – (954) 748-7887
SERVPRO of Sunrise- Fire & water damage cleanup and restoration, mold remediation, deodorization. Commercial & residential.
- Make sure your home is secure, all deadbolts locked: lights left on timers, deliveries cancelled or being collected by a trusted neighbor who has your travel schedule.
- Take only the credit card and other cards that you will absolutely need. Carry traveler's checks instead of cash. Record information on those cards and any valuable equipment (e.g.,camcorders, cameras, and CD players) that you take with you. Take a copy along and leave one with a friend or family member.
- Study up in advance on your vacation destination. Know where you want to go and how you want to get there. Ask hotel personnel about the safety of areas off the regular tourist path.
- Don't leave valuable in view in the car-your own or a rental. Leave them in the trunk or, better still, in your room.
- Make sure everyone in your party-adults, teens, children-has the name, address, and phone numbers of the place you are staying and carries that information along at all times.
- Set up rules for each day's outing on where and how you'll link up if you become separated.
- Don't leave rooms unlocked in your lodgings. Insist that everyone carry his or her key when outside the room.
By The COOPPA Guardian Newspaper
Call SERVPRO of Sunrise at 954-748-7887
We proudly serve the Tamarac, Sunrise, Sawgrass Mills and surrounding areas.
Flood Safety Tips
SERVPRO of Sunrise Drying process
Spring Flooding Safety Tips
When spring hits, whether it’s “official” or feels like spring, many of us are eager to get out of the office and into the fresh air. However, too much rain or thawing snow after a long winter from mountains can bring severe flooding. Floods are the most common and costly natural disaster in the United States. Here are some things to keep in mind as the spring flood season draws near.
- Never drive or walk through flooded streets. It only takes six inches of moving water to sweep a person off their feet (and not in the romantic way) and 12 inches to move a car. Remember, if a street is flooded, Turn Around; Don’t Drown.
- Floods are expensive. A few inches of water in a 1,000-square foot home could cost more than $10,000 in repairs and replacement of personal possessions. Visits FEMA’s data visualization website to learn more about the costs and impacts of floods in your state
- Most insurance does not cover flood damage. Only flood insurance will cover the damage from floods. Speak with your insurance agent to learn more and remember flood insurance takes 30 days to take effect, so purchase now to protect your family!
- Talk with your family and make an emergency plan for you and your pets. No matter the disaster, it’s always a good idea to have emergency supplies ready at home, at work, and in the car.
You can learn more about the dangers of flooding and find information about flood insurance at Ready.gov/floods and Floodsmart.gov. We also have prepared a Flood Safety Social Media Toolkit so you can share tips with your friends and family prepare at www.ready.gov/flood-toolkit.
-The FEMA Ready Campaign Team
SERVPRO of Sunrise
Have Water or Flood Damage? Call us TODAY (954)748-7887
Things you need to know about Water Damage
SERVPRO Techs with green machines always ready!
Has water damage happened to you? Here's what to do next to keep it from getting worse.
When a pipe bursts, a drain backs up, or a flood occurs in your home, it can be hard to see past the mess. A million questions will run through your mind.
What do I do now?
What’s going to happen?
Is my stuff ruined?
And the most important question of all: Will my homeowner’s insurance cover the damage?
There’s no doubt about it. Water damage is extremely stressful, and the more you know about it, the better you’ll be able to decide how to address it. Here are five things that every homeowner needs to know about water damage.
1. There are different insurance policies for flood damage and water damage.
You might think that water is water, whether it’s from flooding or a burst pipe, but flood damage is not covered under homeowner’s insurance. If you live in an area likely to experience flooding, you will probably already have a separate policy through the National Flood Insurance Policy (NFIP). When you report the claim to the insurance company, make sure to specify whether the claim is for water damage or for flood damage, so they can begin adjusting your claim correctly.
2. Not all water damage is covered by your insurance.
It is a good idea to look over your insurance policy and familiarize yourself with any exclusion to your water damage coverage. For instance, most policies cover sudden damage, like water damage from a really bad storm or from an overflowing washing machine. On the other hand, any water damage that happens because you didn’t maintain the property may be excluded, as well as gradual leaks that caused water damage over time.
3. Once water damage has happened, the clock is ticking before it gets worse.
When your property has been water damaged, you don’t have the luxury of waiting around for a convenient time to start the cleanup. Secondary damage from mold growth can present serious health risks associated with mold in the living environment.
Mold spores are everywhere, but they need moisture and a nutrient source to grow. And that is exactly what your wet carpet or drywall offers.
There is a 24 to 48 hour window from the time something gets wet until mold can begin to grow. After that time, mold will multiply rapidly. When mold growth is widespread, you may need the services of a professional mold remediation service to safely treat and remove the mold.
To prevent mold growth, you will need to get your property completely dry again within that 48-hour window. To do this, you’ll need to contact a company that specializes in water damage restoration and emergency water extraction. They will have the professional water removal equipment and drying equipment to get the job done as quickly as possible. Many have 24-hour a day emergency hotlines, so you can start recovering your property almost immediately.
4. Your insurance company needs to know right away.
It’s a good idea to call your insurance company right away when you discover water damage. Your insurance agent can start the claims process immediately, as well as guide you through the first steps you will need to take to protect your property from more damage, like stopping the source of the water at the main water turnoff.
Your insurance company may also direct you to a water damage restoration company that they have worked with in the past. Keep in mind that you do not have to call the company that they recommend. You may choose any reputable restoration specialist to restore your property for the insurance claim.
Water damage can be dangerous and expensive, so preventing water damage is an important part of home maintenance. But if you know the basics of what to do once it happens, you can prevent it from doing its worst.
By Lisa Appel
SERVPRO of Sunrise proudly serves the Sawgrass Mills, Plantation, Inverrary and surrounding communities.
Have Questions? Contact us TODAY at
Download your SERVPRO of Sunrise ERP App NOW!
When a Fire or Water Damage strikes, you can be ruined or you can be Ready with the ERP app.
SERVPRO® Ready Plan is a tool for property managers and owners, both residential and commercial. It allows for the creation of an Emergency READY Profile. By developing a SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile for your home or business, you minimize business interruption by having an immediate plan of action. Knowing what to do and what to expect in advance is the key to timely mitigation and can help minimize how water and fire damage can affect your home or business.
SERVPRO provides a mobile application for instant contact during emergencies.
- A no cost assessment of your facility.
This means there is no need to allocate funds, giving you a great value at no cost.
- A concise Profile Document that contains only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency.
It will only take a little time to complete and will not take you away from current projects. But it will save a lot of time if ever needed.
- A guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster.
This can help minimize the amount of time your business is inactive by having an immediate plan of action.
- Establishes your local SERVPRO Franchise Professional as your disaster mitigation and restoration
You have a provider that is recognized as an industry leader and close by.
- Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin.
This saves time so we can begin the work of mitigating the damage which can save you time and money.
- Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas and priority contact information.
Having a quick reference of what to do, how to do it and who to call provides solutions in advance of an emergency so that during the emergency you are "Ready for whatever happens."
How to get started:
STEP 1: Visit SERVPRO.com/ready. Register for an account using your email address as your username and choose a password.
STEP 2: Choose your preferred SERVPRO Franchise Representative to contact in the event your home or business experiences water, fire, mold or other type of damage.
STEP 3: Begin creating ERPs for all of your properties.
STEP 4: Download the SERVPRO Ready Plan Application on your iPhone, tablet, Android or Blackberry device from the respective App Store.
STEP 5: Launch the Ready Plan App and sign in using the same username and password from STEP 1.
The ERP program makes sense, it is flexible in its usage and benefits, and can even be synced to other business connections like your computers, tablets, and smartphones. In times of stress, this app will help alleviate pressure and panic and provide you with a fast means of contacting the first responders and SERVPRO of Sunrise to mitigate losses.
We're Faster To Any Size Disaster and are just a phone call away at (954) 748-7887